What are cookies and how are they used?
A cookie is a small text file that’s placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit one of our websites. We, and some of our affiliates and third-party service providers, may use a few different types of cookies. Some are persistent cookies (cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time) and some are session ID cookies (cookies that expire when you close your browser).
We also use other tracking technologies like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking beacons” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our websites.
They help us to operate our websites and services, enhance and customise your experience across our websites and services, perform analytics and deliver advertising and marketing that’s relevant to you.
There are also cookies set by third parties across our websites and services. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through our websites and services, such as advertising, interactive content and analytics. They also enable us to use advertising networks to manage our advertising on other websites.
First Party Cookies
Below is a list of cookies that we use on our websites and services. The types of cookies we use are always changing. Check back regularly to make sure you stay up to date. If you think we’ve missed a cookie, please let us know.
These first party cookies are set by Know Your Flow and do not get shared with 3rd party.
- eucookielaw - Used to determine if the user has clicked to hide the cookie notice on the site or not.
- exp_csrf_token - ExpressionEngine Cookie - Anti-Spam and Anti-XSS Protection
- exp_last_activity - ExpressionEngine Cookie - Stores last 5 visited pages to redirect users after they have filled out a form
- exp_last_visit - ExpressionEngine Cookie - Records the last visit to the website
- exp_stashid - ExpressionEngine Cookie - Used to successfully redirect users after form submissions
- exp_tracker - ExpressionEngine Cookie - Temporary cookie that stores last 5 visited pages for error reporting and debugging
Third party cookies
- _ga - Google Analytics Cookie - Used to distinguish users
- _gid - Google Analytics Cookie - Used to distinguish users
- _gat - Google Analytics Cookie - Used to throttle request rate
How can you control cookies?
You can accept or reject cookies by amending your web browser controls. Because they’re important, our websites and services might not work like they’re supposed to, and in some cases, might not work at all, if you decide to reject our cookies.
You can manage your cookie settings by following your browser's instructions. Here are some links that might be of assistance:
- Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platf orm%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/17442/windows-internet-e xplorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-w ebsite-preferences
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/en-nz/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac